OK Computer OKNOTOK is a reissue of the 1997 album OK Computer by the English alternative rock band Radiohead. It was released in June 2017, the album's 20th anniversary, following the acquisition of Radiohead's back catalogue by XL Recordings from EMI in 2016. The album is remastered and includes B-sides released on OK Computer singles, plus three previously unreleased songs: "I Promise", "Man of War", and "Lift".
The reissue includes bonus tracks (three previously unreleased) and completely remastered versions of the album tracks. It was released on June 23, 2017 digitally, as a double CD set, and a triple LP pressed on 180 gram vinyl. The expanded box set includes a triple LP, as well as a C90 cassette mix tape compiled by the band and taken from the OK Computer session archives and demo tapes.
OK Computer offered an eerily clairvoyant vision of digital angst and alienation. But unlike the other new songs Radiohead had played, Lift had gone down well. Listening to it on the 20th anniversary reissue of OK Computer, you can see why: it is blessed with an immense, air-punch-inducing chorus. The thing is, Lift is on the second disc, the one filled with B-sides and outtakes. Knowing they had a huge, self-evident hit on their hands, Radiohead deliberately left it off the album they were making. Such was the curious, peevish atmosphere in which OK Computer was created.
OK COMPUTER OKNOTOK 1997. has been added to your Cart. OKNOTOK will be issued June 23 on XL Recordings, coinciding (roughly) with the original 1997 release date(s) of Radiohead’s landmark third album OK COMPUTER. OKNOTOK features the original OK COMPUTER twelve track album, eight B-sides, and the Radiohead completist’s dream: I Promise, Lift, and Man Of War. The original studio recordings of these three previously unreleased and long sought after OK COMPUTER era tracks finally receive their first official issue on OKNOTOK. All material on OKNOTOK is newly remastered from the original analogue tapes
Twenty years on, Radiohead revisit their 1997 masterpiece with a deluxe reissue. The bonus material includes familiar B-sides and a few previously unheard recordings that hint at an intriguing road not taken. As they regrouped to figure out what their third album might be, Radiohead faced, if not a crossroads, then an unusually open stretch of road. They had toured with Alanis Morissette in support of their second LP, 1995's The Bends.
Album · 1997 · 23 Songs. The centerpiece of OKNOTOK’s second set of unreleased tracks and B-sides, it’s a startlingly beautiful snapshot of the band’s ridiculous post-The Bends, OK Computer-era potency. Elsewhere, Lift is another glistening gem from the vaults and Meeting in the Aisle provides a reminder of the band’s haunting way around an instrumental. A remastered OK Computer, meanwhile, remains the foreboding masterpiece it ever was. OK Computer OKNOTOK Radiohead.
OK Computer OKNOTOK 1997-2017 pairs a remastered version of the original LP with three unreleased songs and eight B-sides. It’s true that reissues are inherently selfish: a physical object giving in to supply and demand, often presupposed, that’s driven by either penury or greed. Few reissues are created out of necessity, though the reasons to do so exist: clean audio that’s grown comparatively dusty, pry open a tightly screwed narrative, or introduce the music to a new generation of listeners . After The Bends, Radiohead promised to release a positive record - a descriptor few would use in relation to the album. Look closely at OKNOTOK and it reveals reluctance and hesitance, flipped sentiments that seem positive by comparison.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A3||Subterranean Homesick Alien|
|B1||Exit Music (For A Film)|
|C3||Climbing Up The Walls|
|E2||Man Of War|
|E5||Meeting In The Aisle
Programmed By – Henry Binns, Sam Hardaker
|F3||Polyethylene (Parts 1 & 2)|
|F6||How I Made My Millions|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – XL Recordings Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – XL Recordings Ltd.
- Mastered At – Alchemy Mastering
- Pressed By – Optimal Media GmbH – BH76012
- Pressed By – Optimal Media GmbH – BH76013
- Pressed By – Optimal Media GmbH – BH77761
- Arranged By [Strings] – Radiohead (tracks: A1 to D2)
- Artwork [Additional Complicated Artwork Skills Supplied By] – Matt Bale
- Artwork By [Additional Complicated Artwork Skills Supplied By] – Mr. Barry
- Conductor [Strings] – Nick Ingman (tracks: A1 to D2)
- Edited By [Audio Levels Balance] – Nigel Godrich (tracks: A1 to F5)
- Engineer [Studio Assistant] – Chris Scard (tracks: A1 to D2), Gerard Navarro (tracks: A1 to D2), Jon Bailey (tracks: A1 to D2)
- Lacquer Cut By – Bazza
- Lyrics By [We Wrote Them] – Radiohead (tracks: A1 to D2)
- Mastered By – Chris 'King Fader' Blair* (tracks: A1 to D2)
- Music By – Mike Hammond* (tracks: F1), Colin Greenwood (tracks: A1 to E5, F1 to F5), Ed O'Brien (tracks: A1 to E5, F1 to F5), Jonny Greenwood (tracks: A1 to E5, F1 to F5), Michael Hazlewood (tracks: F1), Phil Selway (tracks: A1 to E5, F1 to F5), Thom Yorke
- Photography By, Other [Website Maintenance] – Stanley Donwood
- Producer [Committed To Tape] – Nigel Godrich (tracks: A1 to F5), Radiohead (tracks: A1 to F5)
NotesLimited to 7000 copies.
Sold only through indie record stores.
Triple-sleeve gatefold jacket with colour printed inner sleeves.
Three 180 gram blue coloured 12" vinyl records containing the original twelve track album,
three unreleased tracks and eight B-sides, all newly remastered from the original analogue tapes.
Includes a download code card (for MP3 or WAV formats).
The stickered barcode is to differentiate the Blue coloured vinyl from the Black vinyl barcode
XLLP868 appears on the back of the gatefold.
XLLP868X appears on a sticker on the shrink wrap on the back of the gatefold.
℗ 1997-2017 The copyright in this sound recording is owned by XL Recordings Limited.
© 1997-2017 XL Recordings Limited.
Printed in E.U.
Made in the E.U.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Printed - Sticker): 6 34904 08688 6
- Barcode (Scanned - Sticker): 634904086886
- Matrix / Runout (Side A [etched]): IP XLLP868-A1 BH76012-01 A1 BAZZA ALCHEMY
- Matrix / Runout (Side B [etched]): SKIP XLLP868-B1 BH76012-01 B1
- Matrix / Runout (Side C [etched]): SKY XLLP868-C1 BH76012-02 C1
- Matrix / Runout (Side D [etched]): BLUE XLLP868-D1 BH76012-02 D1 PW
- Matrix / Runout (Side E [etched]): XLLP868-E3 BH77761-01 E1
- Matrix / Runout (Side F [etched]): IT XLLP868-F1 BH76013-01 F1 =^^
- Label Code: LC 05667
|NODATA 02, 7243 8 55229 1 8||Radiohead||OK Computer (2xLP, Album, Gat)||Parlophone, Parlophone||NODATA 02, 7243 8 55229 1 8||UK||1997|
|ABS 104022||Radiohead||OK Computer + 6 Bonus Tracks! (CD, Album, Unofficial)||Not On Label (Radiohead)||ABS 104022||Russia||Unknown|
|7 24385 5229 2 5||Radiohead||OK Computer (CD, Album)||EMI||7 24385 5229 2 5||Taiwan||1997|
|EKPD-0610||Radiohead||OK Computer (CD, Album)||EMI (Korea)||EKPD-0610||South Korea||1997|
|none||Radiohead||OK Computer + 6 Bonus Tracks! (CDr, Album, Unofficial)||Not On Label (Radiohead)||none||Unknown|