Soprano Vocals – Joan Sutherland. This is the first UK version for this cat. Other information: - Recorded 26 October - 3 November 1962 in Kingsway Hall, London - Labelography code: ED1 - Corresponding mono issue has cat LXT 6073 - Volume 2 has cat SXL 6074 - These performances, together with the performances on SXL 6074, were also released as a 2 LP set with cat SET 247-8 in 1963.
Sailing" is a song composed by Gavin Sutherland of the Sutherland Brothers in 1972, best known as a 1975 international hit for Rod Stewart.
CD - Decca 4804670). London Symphony Orchestra.
The Joan Sutherland Theatre is our second largest venue with seats for more than 1500 guests. It’s our largest proscenium arch theatre with an orchestra pit accommodating up to 70 musicians. Home to year-round performances from our Resident Companies Opera Australia and The Australian Ballet, the theatre also stages musicals, talks, comedy and contemporary music.
Listen free to Dame Joan Sutherland – Joan Sutherland Sings the Classic Sopranos - Joan Sutherland (The Soldier Tir'd, Let the bright seraphim and more). Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last. Joan Sutherland was born in Sydney. Her mother was a mezzo soprano who had given up her career.
Sutherland was the first Australian to win a Grammy Award, for Best Classical Performance – Vocal Soloist (with or without orchestra) in 1962.
This recording is the first official release in any format of this once-in-a-lifetime concert performance featuring Dame Joan Sutherland and Fritz Wunderlich. In 1959 performances of Handel were just beginning to embrace the original instrument movement making this recording an invaluable historic record of performance practice.
Joan Blondell, Connie Haines, Roy Rogers - First Half download. Jeanette MacDonald, Virginia O'Brien, Dale Evans, Mills Brothers download.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Ocean! Thou Mighty Monster ("Oberon")
Composed By – Weber*
|A2||Pleurez Mes Yeux ("Le Cid")
Composed By – Massenet*
|A3||Shadow Song ("Dinorah")
Composed By – Meyerbeer*
|A4||Recit. And Ballatella ("I Pagliacci")
Composed By – Leoncavallo*
|B1||Recit. And Aria: Tu Del Mio Carlo ("I Masnadieri")
Composed By – Verdi*Tenor Vocals – John Dobson
|B2||Aria: Tu Puniscimi O Signore ("Luisa Miller")
Composed By – Verdi*
|B3||Recit. And Aria: Vorrei Spiegarvi ("La Cambiale Di Matrimonio")
Composed By – Rossini*
|B4||Aria: Deh! Se Un' Urna ("Beatrice Di Tenda")
Chorus – The Ambrosian SingersComposed By – Bellini*
- Recorded At – Kingsway Hall
- Mastered At – The Decca Record Company Limited
- Pressed By – Decca Record Co. Ltd., Pressing Plant, UK.
- Printed By – Robert Stace
- Copyright (c) – The Decca Record Company Limited
- Published By – Ascherberg, Hopwood & Crew
- Conductor – Richard Bonynge
- Engineer [Uncredited] – Arthur Lilley, Kenneth Wilkinson, Michael Mailes
- Mastered By – G
- Orchestra – London Symphony Orchestra*
- Producer [Uncredited] – Michael Bremner
- Sleeve Notes – Andrew Porter
- Soprano Vocals – Joan Sutherland
NotesThis is the first UK version for this Category
- Black/silver 'grooved wideband' labels
- "Original recording by" at 11 o'clock
- "Made in England" at bottom
- "Recording first published 1963"
- "B.I.E.M." in a box on side 1
- Decca 'Musical Notes' logo on side 2
- Matrix numbers printed upside-down
- Front laminated
- Straight two-way flipbacks
- Bold "Stereo" on spine
- "© 1963, The Decca Record Company Limited, London."
- "Laminated with 'Clarifoil' made by British Celanese Limited"
- "Printed in England by Robert Stace."
- Sleeve notes in English on back
- "A. H. & Crewe" applies for track A4 only
Catalog number locations:
- SXL 6073 on sleeve
- SXL.6073 on labels
- Recorded 26 October - 3 November 1962 in Kingsway Hall, London
- Labelography code: ED1
- Corresponding mono issue has Category LXT 6073
- Volume 2 has Category SXL 6074
- These performances, together with the performances on SXL 6074, were also released as a 2 LP set with Category SET 247-8 in 1963.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side 1, stamped): ZAL-5756-4G KT U MT 1
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side 2, stamped): ZAL-5757-3G KT M MT 1
- Matrix / Runout (Matrix on label, side 1): ZAL.5756
- Matrix / Runout (Matrix on label, side 2): ZAL.5757
- Rights Society (Applies for track A2 only): B.I.E.M.
|OS 25776||Joan Sutherland||Command Performance Vol.1 (LP)||London Records||OS 25776||US||Unknown|
|LXT 6073, LXT.6073||Joan Sutherland||Command Performance Volume 1 (LP, Mono)||Decca, Decca||LXT 6073, LXT.6073||UK||1963|